All About Me

Welcome to kindergarten at Alward Elementary!  I have been teaching at Alward for 24 years.  I have taught Kindergarten for the past fourteen years. Before that, I taught 3rd graders just down the hall.  It has been a priviledge to be part of such a WONDERFUL school district for my entire teaching career.

I graduated from Central Michigan University (Fire Up Chips!) with a Bachelors of Science in Elementary Education.  I have a major in Early Childhood Development and a minor in reading.  I also earned a ZA endorsement on my teaching certificate, which means I am highly qualified to work in Early Childhood Education.

In addition to being a kindergarten teacher, I am also a wife and the mother of three beautiful children.  Austin is 19 and is learning to be a grown up.  Tessa is 11 and will be in fifth grade here at Alward.  And Gus is 9.  He will be a third grader at Alward.  So, as you can see, my experiences with children and education have quite a span.

I LOVE teaching, spending time with my kids, reading, taking walks with my husband, and Diet Coke.

I am excited to be your child’s kindergarten teacher this year, and can’t wait for you to see how much they grow as learners.  Kindergarten is an exciting age where lots of learning and growing takes place.  I can’t wait to begin this new adventure with your child!