Getting Ready for a NEW YEAR!

Hello Kindergarten Families,

Thank you so much for attending Open House!  If you didn’t, I look forward to meeting you soon!

Thank you so much for turning in your child’s school supplies at Open House, and thank you for all the extras you provided from the wish list!

1)If you have not already dropped off your supplies, PLEASE be sure you have them turned in ASAP. Remember the wish list items are NOT REQUIRED!  Please make sure to use the class supplies list in your child’s take home folder or on this blog.  Some parents have used the generic one for the “new” kindergarten teacher, and therefore are missing some important supplies (paint/play-doh)

Please remember to label your child’s bag with his/her name, as I am marking a checklist.  I will contact you if your child is missing anything.  I will be sending home some scissors that were sent in as they are not on my list.  I do have a few bags with “no names”…  so if you receive an email later, that is why.

2) Transportation- PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make sure to send me an e-mail if your transportation is not listed or is not correct on the link below.   This way, I can make sure to send everyone home safely.

If your CHILD IS NOT LISTED…it is because you were calling the bus barn or waiting for an email.  Please make sure to email me ASAP so I can add to/change the schedule.

TYPICAL BUS SCHEDULE-1wc4uk5

**Bus Riders- Must go home on the bus they are assigned UNLESS I have a written notice with other arrangements. If your child goes on a different bus to a different place on different days, PLEASE SEND ME A SCHEDULE, especially for every other Fridays,  so I know which day to put them on the correct bus. 

**Car Riders- Parents must place their name placard  (given at pick up on the first day) on the dash of their car. Cars must line up in the car pick up line. Children will be called to you.

**Walkers- Please make sure you have practiced walking home and they know where they are going. Often they find an older child to help walk them home. 

3) Please make sure to subscribe to our classroom blog.  The subscribe box is at the top of the blog!  Remember I will communicate with you through this blog, as well as a weekly newsletter that is sent in your child’s take home folder!

4) Please return ALL paperwork ASAP! You can return everything in the red take home folder, and I can deliver it.

5) Don’t forget to send an entire change of clothes in a bag labeled with your child’s name.  Children often spill their drinks, splash in puddles, etc, and this will help prevent unnecessary phone calls home.

6) Lunch- Please discuss with your child what the lunch choices are. Menus were sent home in the envelope at our open house. They need to be able to tell me if they want blue or white.  If they have a cold lunch make sure they know if a drink is packed or that they need to order milk.

7) Snack- Children need 2 healthy snacks that they can open. Please have their snack in a separate area of their backpack. Discuss that they are to eat those items ONLY AT SNACK TIME.

8) Complete Background Check- On the right-hand side of this page you will see a link to Background Checks. This must be redone EVERY year. If you wish to come to school for any event (lunch, book fair, volunteering, parties, etc) you must have a background check on file.

Thank you for taking the time to read this email!  Hopefully this will help our school year get off to a fabulous start!  If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email me.